Bluetooth + Wifi mini pci-e card A150

Discussion in 'Networking' started by spie, Sep 18, 2009.

1. spie

spie

spie, Sep 18, 2009
  2. spie

melhiore

Couple of people already have this card type. It works. Driver gives you option to switch on/off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth separately so you do not need to use on/off in front of your AA1.

melhiore, Sep 18, 2009
  3. spie

Stl_Jeeper

I am still thinking about getting that card but the only thing stopping me for now is that it says its a class1 bluetooth, after watching tnkgrls bluetooth mod she said that the class one was unnecessary and draws more power. Is there any truth to that? I don't have any fear of soldering on a usb bluetooth dongle but just cant decide what the better way to go. now if they had a 802.11 n draft card with bluetooth built in then that would be awesome but I haven't found any yet. any advice would be welcomed, thanks

Stl_Jeeper, Oct 30, 2009
  4. spie

JDBeck23

Im with you STL_Jeeper, I want my cake and eat it too! BT combined with N capability seems to be the best of all worlds all wrapped into one. I guess if you're not afraid of soldering, you could install the intel 4965AGN wireless card, and then solder the BT dongle via tnkgrl's instructions... It would be alot nicer if someone would come out with a combo board with N capabilities though!

JDBeck23, Nov 8, 2009
Ask a Question