Best Laptop for stock trading?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Sam0000, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Sam0000

Sam0000

Hello friends

I am looking for a cheaper laptop around the 500$ range. max id go is about 800$ i am beginning school soon and will be majoring in business. i have an interest is stocks but i dont have money LOL
    I need a laptop that will help with multitasking:

- streaming stock quotes
    - microsoft word, excel
    - 10-20 tabs on chrome
    - music program (spotify)
    - 1080p video
    - etc... really a ton of things running at once

i dont really need to use it for gaming, but one with the ability to run with most new games with medium settings around 30-40fps would be nice (cod, battlefield, gta, chivalry etc..)

Im not too interested in an integrated gpu but im open to ideas.

option 1) im looking for something with multiple cores -a8, a10? (since amd is cheaper and i wont be gaming hard, intel isnt an option) with a min of 2.5ghz. decent gpu and 6gb of ram or so. im also interested in a 6mb+ cache for cpu

option 2) im looking for a laptop that has:
    low amount of ram (so i can upgrade)
    small hdd (so i can upgrade to ssd)
    decent or poor cpu (but same socket as a much better cpu ((that fits my multitasking needs)) so i can upgrade)
    good gpu (thatll run newer games on medium settings well)
    - i will sell the replaced parts to earn back some money

like i said im open to ideas. i just need something thats best bang for buck, good gpu, multiple cores at a higher ghz, or something that can be upgraded for a cheaper price than buying all put together,

I know this sounds impossible lol. thanks for any input! -ps id rather spend a little more now and the laptop be a bit more than i need than just barley enof to get by for now

i forgot to mention i will be buying a larger battery if there is one, and a backlit keyboard would be SPLENDID cheers!

Sam0000, Aug 30, 2014
Ask a Question