Battery issues

Discussion in 'HP / Compaq' started by janineaa, Mar 8, 2014.

1. janineaa

janineaa

Okay, my Compaq was working fine for a while without any lags. Recently, the battery and the whole laptop actually, over heats so I need to use a fan so it wouldn't burn up. When it heats, everything lags and starts to hang. What should I do?

janineaa, Mar 8, 2014
  2. janineaa

mikelouis

The reason why it is overheating is because there is no enough cooling of the system. Check to see if the system fan is properly installed and working. If it is working then probably there is a lot dust clogging it making it to be less effective. You can blow out the dust and see how it responds.

mikelouis, Mar 9, 2014
  3. janineaa

Brian8gbSSDLinux

When my Nieces Netbook packed up due to overheating, after (nicely) quizzing her, I found out that She had been using it on the BED.. lying on the Bedcovers.

This blocked the cooling air path thru' the Netbook so, obviously it overheated...

This can happen using laptops on the Carpet (on the floor) or on a Fabric/Leather chair or Settee...

Could one of these be why YOUR laptop is overheating...
    Continual or Regular overheating WILL burn out the CPU...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Mar 9, 2014
Ask a Question