Aspire one - mike not working

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Wol, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Wol

Wol

My internal mike was working fine until yesterday, when I inadvertently either disabled or disconnected it from the control panel.

I have done the right-clicking and reinstating it from the panel but I still can't get the computer to hear anything, even ith the recording volume at max.

Any ideas?

Wol, Apr 21, 2014
  2. Wol

Nestone50

A little bit difficult to understand, but easy enough if you watch the video:

Nestone50, Apr 21, 2014
  3. Wol

Wol

Thanks for that link - as you say very difficult to understand and follow! I *think* I've tried everything in the video without success except for the driver downloads. I'm going to pospone trying that for a couple of months because I'm away on a cruise and don't want to screw my netbook until I get back (need it for financial and other things. I have bookmarked the page and will report back!

PS I was going to reply to the other help post but it seems to have disappeared! The link was blocked by my antivirus so I didn't use it.

Wol, Apr 22, 2014
  4. Wol

Nestone50

As you obviously have web access on your cruise (or you wouldn't be posting on this site) I don't think you would be taking any risk by going to the Acer website and downloading the correct driver for your netbook. Once you have downloaded and saved the driver, go into Device Manager and expand the Sounds section and right click on the appropriate hardware. Choose properties and click on the driver tab. Chose "update driver" and follow the instructions there and navigate to the driver you downloaded and saved. The worst that could happen would be your mic would still not work. Even before you try to download the correct driver, you could go into device manager and uninstall your sound hardware. Then, reboot the netbook and the computer will discover "new hardware" and look for the correct driver, both on your hard drive and on the internet if you have wireless access. THis solves most hardware problems I've found as sometimes the driver gets corrupted and reinstalling the driver fixes it.

Nestone50, Apr 23, 2014
  5. Wol

Wol

Strange thing! I am now home and, after having a similar problem with my tablet which I sorted out by using Skype options to check my mike and speakers, I turn on the netbook and find everything is working!
    It's strange because with the tablet Skype gave the option of using one of several mikes, and the default had changed away from the internal one, which was the problem. But with the netbook (the subject of the thread) it only *had* the one, correct, option. Something must have reset itself........

Wol, Jul 29, 2014
Ask a Question