Aspire One D255E N55CQcc very high CPU temperature problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by calcatinge, Jun 25, 2011.

1. calcatinge

calcatinge

Hey you all.

I am new around here, and registered because I do have a strange problem with my netbook.
    It gets really hot while operating. Just after I bought it in march, I installed Ubuntu Linux and then openSUSE. Now I use only the last distro. I activated the 'sensors' in openSUSE and installed gkrellm to see the temperature. And it is really high!
    Immediately after startup the temp is 50 degrees Celsius. After some while it rises up to 70 degrees and even 89 as the software says.
    It is really hot when I touch it on the left side. Even the palmrest and the keyboard.
    Please tell me if this is something usual. It really seams that the air vent is really tiny.

The configuration is: Intel Atom N550 1.5GHz, 2GB DDR3 RAM, 320 GB HDD right from the factory. I use it for research and book editing and internet browsing. Not much, practically the usual, but I use it almost all the time.

Thanks.

calcatinge, Jun 25, 2011
Ask a Question