<ask> acer i3 the power light on 1 second then off..

Discussion in 'Acer' started by shinnato, Aug 25, 2016.

1. shinnato

shinnato

hello every one.. i have acer e1-431, when turn on, the power light on 1 second then off.. the secreen is blank dead..
    i have test withouth baterry, hold power 30 second, still off..is there other way to fix this? tq..

shinnato, Aug 25, 2016
  2. shinnato

Nestone50

You did hold the power switch down for 30+ seconds with the battery removed AND the power charging module disconnected? Then, reconnect the battery and plug in the power module before hitting the power on button again? If still no joy, remove and re-seat the memory sticks. If you have 2 sticks of RAM, try each one separately to see if you can boot.

Nestone50, Aug 25, 2016
    something back likes this.
  3. shinnato

shinnato

using baterry, still on 1 second.. i have test using new ram, still same.. i just flashing bios ec and main bios using ezp 2010 still on 1 second..

shinnato, Aug 26, 2016
  4. shinnato

something back

I would have suggested the same as Nestone 50.

Try pressing the F2 key “constantly” immediately after power on
    this should allow you in to the motherboard settings.

You can then see i8f the hard drive is listed.

something back, Aug 26, 2016
  5. shinnato

Nestone50

When you say the power light comes on for 1 second, then off and the screen is "blank dead," did you mean the laptop powers off? With the black screen, do you see a flashing cursor in the upper left hand corner? If so, you have a corrupted BIOS. You said you re-flashed it. I'd suggest you try again, making sure you have the correct BIOS and you follow the flashing instructions to the letter. You also should try a different USB flash drive. I have an old AOA-150 and the same thing happened to me. However, with my blank screen, I did have the flashing cursor I mention above. Re-flashing the BIOS solved my problem.
    On the other hand, if you laptop is powering off completely after one second with a good battery and plugged into the mains, I fear you have a failed motherboard.

Nestone50, Aug 26, 2016
  6. shinnato

shinnato

can not using keyboard if dead secreen..

the power is not off, only the light power that off. because i have check using multimeter that jack power have 19V. that black secreen like dead.. not have light.. if have light, i can using esc + fn to flash the bios from usb.. but this like the secreen not got the power.. maybe chipset /vga is damaged.. must using rebaling or replace new chipset.. but i don't have skill in replace chipset... so searching other ways..

shinnato, Aug 26, 2016
  7. shinnato

Nestone50

Not quite sure what you mean "if have light, I can use esc + fn to flash BIOS from USB." For a crisis BIOS recovery, you don't need to use or see the display screen. Here is a link to a website with an explanation . http://www.manualslib.com/manual/440293/Acer-Aspire-E1-431.html?page=171 THe latest BIOS can be downloaded from Acer here: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/ZA/content/drivers#_ga=1.136282417.1024351365.1472155399
    Have you also tried plugging in an external monitor to make sure the back light for your laptop display hasn't failed? Also, you didn't accidentally toggle the Fn + F5 did you? That turns off and on the display.

Nestone50, Aug 26, 2016
Ask a Question