Anyone Else Here Not Upgrading From Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by OursIsTheFury, Apr 30, 2016.

?

What operating sytem are you using at the moment?

1. Windows 7

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Windows 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Windows 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury

Windows 7 really is a very good operating system, and I really don't think I want to change it to Windows 8 or 10, and have to relearn all the functions that come with these newer systems. I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking to W7 until it gets obsolete or phased out, like what happened to Windows XP. What about you guys?

OursIsTheFury, Apr 30, 2016
  2. OursIsTheFury

Corzhens

My laptop is running on Windows 7. And although there are talks that we would be upgrading to Windows 10 within this year, I'd say it's all right not to upgrade because I feel comfortable with Windows 7. Our desktop at home is still running on Windows XP but we already have a firm decision to purchase a replacement. It was supposed to be a laptop but I guess it is a desktop mini for the replacement.

Corzhens, Apr 30, 2016
  3. OursIsTheFury

IcyBC

That is my dilemma about upgrading. I am comfortable with what I had and hate all the changes when I have to relearn everything. I don't have Window laptop anymore, and I am using MacBook. They also suggest that I upgrade to the latest, but I haven't done it yet because of that fear :)

IcyBC, Apr 30, 2016
  4. OursIsTheFury

acer93

To tell you the truth I do not want to upgrade from win7, all the programs I use usually have their preferences at win7/xp so using a brand new OS would mean that I need to upgarde all of my programs also.

acer93, Apr 30, 2016
  5. OursIsTheFury

Sefie

Me ;) My oldest laptop has Windows 7 Ultimate... and it's awesome. I didn't dream of upgrading that old one or the new one. The old one because I was sure I'd end up with a load of bugs... and the newest laptop because Windows 10 sound just awful.

Sefie, Apr 30, 2016
  6. OursIsTheFury

fcuco

I am actually afraid that the windows 10 upgrade is going to be forced on my main work computer even if I continually decline the offer, I've heard some horror stories about people waking up to an updated system without their consent. I never had windows 8 though because I would update to windows 10 from windows 8 in an instant without regrets. Once that main computer is gone I am switching to Linux full time for my next work desktop.

fcuco, Apr 30, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  7. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury

I agree with you guys. I really hate change, and relearning new features would take time, and I do not have the patience to learn it all. Why fix what isn't broken? Windows 7 is a very reliable operating system, and it hasn't let me down before. So why should we upgrade it to W8 or W10? I'm really curious, because I hear lots of complaints that the newer operating systems aren't as good as W7, feature-wise and performance-wise.

OursIsTheFury, May 1, 2016
  8. OursIsTheFury

IBMPC8088

When or if there is ever an actual upgrade from Windows 7 rather than a downgrade, then I would consider modifying one of the virtual machines that run Windows over it with that. Until then, they'll keep emulating 7 whenever they need to, and XP the rest of the time.

Since I use Linux, BSD, and other alternative operating systems which are not on the poll, I could not vote or complete it since none of those are my operating system. But if I had to choose the one that I use on a VM still, it would be XP or 7.

@fcuco You may want to use RemoveWAT then to remove the Windows Activation Technology after turning off the Microsoft Trojan Install System (Windows Update), so that you can preserve and prevent Microsoft from being able to do that to you. There are Microsoft-sanctioned programs that will notice they can't phone home or install malware or viruses through Windows Update instantly and complain about it, but ignoring that or not using those few programs is a much better solution to keep using 7 if you need it as your main system and don't want to be forced to downgrade to Windows 10 by force.

* You can also use the DazLoader and then turn off updates as an alternative to this, but only if you're using a system without UEFI, with UEFI switched off on the bios, or if RemoveWat didn't remove it (which is extremely rare; out of hundreds of systems, only had 2 that it didn't, and was able to get around using Daz and keeping updates off before doing so). Since your system is already genuinely purchased, there's no issue with this. These tools can now be used instead to preserve the system you bought and keep it running for as long as you can since that is what you paid for and should have the right to be able to use. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    IBMPC8088, May 2, 2016
Ask a Question