All New from Acer,; hard drive, disk drive and opperating disks, will not boot up

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by veteranschoolboy, Aug 15, 2012.

1. veteranschoolboy

veteranschoolboy

My acer aspire 7741z-4433 needed a new hard drive, thinking if i got the factory operating disks to reboot and restore the new hard drive, i would be up and running in no time. When i ordered the OS disks i had acer send the hard disk drive. Well It did not do anything, other then the blue lite on the power button and the fan nothing else came on. I chat with acer. I was told i need a 3rd party down load to start up the unit. Is this true?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    veteranschoolboy, Aug 15, 2012
  2. veteranschoolboy

something back

Welcome to the forum! If I understand you correctly,you wish to install a new hard drive to your laptop, for which you have the acer installation disks. After fitting the new harddrive, You will need to download this program SUPER FDISK from this link. http://www.freewarefiles.com/search...er+fdisk&boolean=exact&type=all&B1.x=0&B1.y=0 When you open the program SUPER FDISK. It will ask to create a bootable disk, choose create bootable cd. After you have created the cd turn off your computer then boot from the newly created cd. (At startup the f2 key will take you to the motherboard settings, under the boot settings menu you will be able alter the boot options, if you dont know how to boot from a cd.) From the fdisk menu choose partition then create, CREATE A FAT 32 PARTITION. Then choose format. When the whole process finishes, restart your laptop with the first acer cd disk in it. Then follow the on screen instructions.

something back, Aug 16, 2012
  3. veteranschoolboy

Elise

Same issue I am having, but i can't download anything. I have the option (now that I upgraded the hard drive and RAM) to press f2 for f12. I have the disks but no disk drive. I need step by step directions to see what I did wrong. (I copied the disks to a USB to try and plug that into the laptop and made sure the 1st thing to boot was USB - but all I get is no bootable device, press any key repeatedly on a black screen

Elise, Jun 16, 2015
  4. veteranschoolboy

something back

After pressing f2 in the "information" section of the motherboard settings,is the hard drive listed.

if it's not, then it sounds like a faulty hard drive.

An external cd/dvd rom drive is very cheap APPROX £7 OR $12

TYPE "cd dvd rom" IN EBAY

A rom drive will only read cd/dvd but it's the cheapest way to open and install your dvd's.

Be careful to buy the whole thing, and not just the case/caddy

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    something back, Jun 16, 2015
Ask a Question