Acer recall 751H denmark

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hey I've talked to Acer today and in Denmark, they have called all defective laptop back and I will get a new model without the error within a week.

Guest, Nov 3, 2009
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

What error is that?

Guest, Nov 3, 2009
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

the famouse freezing problem and i hope all the other problems there working with.

Guest, Nov 3, 2009
  4. Guest

cmeide

Did they give any indications as to what the problem was?

cmeide, Nov 3, 2009
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

no they said only that they were withdrawn and a new model and the dealer gets new models

Guest, Nov 3, 2009
  6. Guest

cmeide

Just wondering, did you ever get it back from Acer after you sent it in, or have they been working on it for 1 1/2 month. It seems they took it seriously. Lets hope they have actually been able to identify the problem and not just sending out a new batch hoping its ok.

Eager to hear when you get your replacement if there are any noticeable diifferences and how it functions. Even though mine has been running perfect with the new RAM, I will consider dropping back the original memory and HDD and have it replaced just to be on the safe side.

cmeide, Nov 3, 2009
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok bought mine in Elgiganten, had a few freezes the first day, but after installing new drivers I have had no freezes at all. But sounds worrying that they are pulling it back, maybe all 751 is defective, well only time will tell...

Guest, Nov 3, 2009
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

No, I never got it back they could not do it. it was only 5 days old when I sent it to acer.

I will write back here when I got it. and tested it. separates it from to see what RAM and hard drive is in..

Guest, Nov 3, 2009
  9. Guest

Bajer

I bought mine in Elgiganten too, the "big" one with 250 gig hdd and 2gb ram. I've had no freezes yet, so I guess I've just been lucky? when do the the freezes appear when they do? at start-up or just randomly?

kristian

Bajer, Nov 4, 2009
  10. Guest

TrackSmart

I'm really glad to hear that Acer is owning up to the problems! Hopefully they will do this in the U.S. and other countries, too.

As for the freezing behavior, it seems to differ from machine to machine. Mine did it randomly (sometimes even while in sleep mode!). Some people have freezing issues under particular conditions (using the Webcam or scrolling in Google Chrome or moving large files to an external drive). The only reliable fix I've seen is to get a new computer that doesn't have the problem! People have replaced RAM, Hard Drive, Wireless card, etc with no luck.

TrackSmart, Nov 10, 2009
  11. Guest

cmeide

Not completely true.

By using different RAM modules I got different freezing scenarios on my same computer.

With the memory I am running now, its a non-freezer.

Its common reading to see that many different types of computers work better with some memory than others. It seems this is just more extreme with the 751h.
    I wish I could tell you why, hopefully I will find an explanation somewhere.

If we only knew of a guaranteed $30 module out there most people could save themselves the hassle with Acer.
    I paid $90 delivered for my Hynix and it was worth every cent. :D

cmeide, Nov 10, 2009
  12. Guest

TrackSmart

I'm glad you managed to get around the freezing problem. But a computer that goes haywire when combined with working memory modules is defective (in my book).

Getting lucky and finding a RAM module that doesn't incite the machine is a workaround. Not a fix to the problematic hardware. There's no guarantee that any memory module in the world will fix some of these machines. Yours might have been a borderline case of instability, whereas other machines might be greater afflicted. The folks who have tried multiple sticks of RAM with no luck seem to indicate that potential...

TrackSmart, Nov 10, 2009
  13. Guest

cmeide

Yes you might say it that way also.

I try not to base myself on luck. I did alot of research first before I chose what memory to buy. And I chose the Hynix because its one of very few that is garantied to work when overclocking the Asus with the same chipset.

RAM is certainly not RAM.

There are also others here on this forum that have solved their freezing problems by replacing the memory. I believe Fauxpas is one of them.

Also, I tested my netbook with another RAM that I already had, and this changed the symptoms dramatically. Reverting back to the other module changed the symptoms back again.

All my RAM passed memtest. It will only tell you if memory cells are defective and gives no indication of the quality of the RAM.

Based mostly on the above mentioned, I made an educated decision to break out alot of $$ on something I believed then to be worth it.

And it was. Even though Acer should have been the one to pay the bill since they are selling an assembled product with components that are not working well together.

For me, I would rather take that cost than hasseling with Acer and risk scratching and damageing the computer in the process. After 2 months with a useless computer, I needed to do something.

I am just glad that others are taking the burden of pursuing Acer. Dont let them get away with it. It should not have to be this way.

Thanks

cmeide, Nov 10, 2009
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey I've got my 751h day and the production date is 08/08/2009 so hope it is good. it has not had some "freeze" yet. I keep you informed

Guest, Nov 10, 2009
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

after having received a new acer acer 751h from 2 weeks ago. I have not had some errors on the freezer does not I've got and the best is that it runs very well, as I said completely without error. Now I love my little sku 751h.

Guest, Nov 22, 2009
  16. Guest

Pdam_lux

Hey snubbi so what happened in the end. I'm about to send mine in for repair
    did they say what they relaced or is it a new machine
    well wish me luck we have 3 of these 751's and mine is first in for repair
    lets see what happens
    pdam

Pdam_lux, Dec 10, 2009
  17. Guest

james31554

too bad they don't have the decency to do that in the U.S.

i am sending mine in for the 2nd time for repair.

i have no confidence they know what is wrong with these units

i will never buy another Acer product

james31554, Jan 4, 2010
Ask a Question