Acer or Dell ?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Robert, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Robert

Robert

Robert, Jun 26, 2015
  2. Robert

danielle davidson

I would say to go with Acer. I think that it would be the more reliable company. Dell is a pretty old company and you will have to keep getting you laptop fixed if you get it. I have a friend who has one, and it does not work well at all. I have seen so many more people with the Acer laptops today, that I would say you should go with that one.

danielle davidson, Jul 2, 2015
  3. Robert

IcyBC

I have always been a Sony users and later HP as far as laptop and desk top too! My computer teacher years ago, had taught us not to buy a Dell since it is not reliable and cheaply put together. Things could have changed since.

I know many people who have Acer though, and not Dell either.

IcyBC, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Robert

Sue Giplaye

I have a Dell Laptop and I personally think that it works pretty well. You know if you go to used laptop store you can get one for about $200, you will never have to spend over $300 and it pretty reliable. I use my laptop for school and for work.

Sue Giplaye, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Robert

Gurpreet Bhatia

I'm using my Dell Laptop from 4 years. I have no issue in Software & other Hardware parts till then. There was a little problem occur in this year when hinge had rusted somehow and got stuck.

Gurpreet Bhatia, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Robert

Diane Lane

I've been using a Dell desktop for years, with no problems. I had a Dell laptop many years ago, with no issues, as well. I had an Acer laptop that also worked well. I think as long as you're not abusing it by dropping or mishandling it, and aren't downloading bad software, either will work for you. The one I have currently is a Toshiba, and it's giving me issues, but that's most likely due to a suspicious program I added, as well as the age of the laptop.

Diane Lane, Aug 15, 2015
  7. Robert

diligentworker

I personally would go with the Dell. I once owned an Acer computer, and things didn't turn out how I initially expected. Perhaps I caused the computer to crash. All I know is that it didn't last long or perform up to my expectations.

diligentworker, Dec 13, 2015
Ask a Question