Acer eRecovery Management loop installing win 7 on AOD250

Discussion in 'Windows' started by favosys, Jun 25, 2010.

1. favosys

favosys

Ok so I found this thread back from January with the same problem but I don't see an answer there:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=19375

So here's what happened in detail:

I got a new Acer Aspire One AOD250 with Windows XP so I decided I wanted to Dual boot WinXP and Win7.
    The AOD came with one 140 Gb partition so I used EaseUS Partition manager to leave the WinXP at 25 Gb and made a new 115 Gb partition for Windows 7. During this I noticed a 10 Gb recovery partition there.

So anyway I prepared my 8 Gb USB to install Windows 7, I have done it before on other netbooks with no problems.

Ok so booted from USB, installed Win 7 on the new D: partition went through the whole process up to where it asks for the windows User name and password and after that it rebooted and then it said:

windows is loading files.... (black screen with grey load bar at bottom, keep in mind by now I have taken off the USB and during the installation process the PC rebooted probably a couple of times and always went into the win7 boot loader that said "Previous version of windows" and "Windows 7" and it always went into windows 7 and continued the installation)
    then
    Microsoft corporation with loading animation (smal yellow bars)
    then
    Acer eRecovery Management (V7.0.13) window appears with the options:
    -Completely Restore System to factory Defaults
    -Restore operating system and Retain User Data
    -Exit

If I select Exit it reboots and ends up in the same screen. If I turn it off and on, same thing. F8 does nothing, F5 let's me chose one option which is "WIndows Setup [EMS Enabled]" which again takes me to the Acer eRecovery Management.

So having no other option I did the recovery option to get WIndows XP back. I figured maybe there was some problem installing Win7 in the D: partition so I used the partition software to make the C: partition bigger, I left it at 40 Gb and D: at 100 Gb.

I did the install again, this time I installed in C: replacing Windows XP, got to the same point, rebooted and the same thing happned... Acer eRecovery Management.

So again having no option I did the Recovery again... back in WIndows XP.

I figured maybe there's a problem with the 2 partitions, so I deleted the D: partition, left C: at 140 Gb like it was new. This time I started the installation from Windows XP and got to the upgrade part, it said it couldn't upgrade from WinXp to WIn7, so I did it again but chose custom install and told it to install in C:

Again the whole process, this time I didn't have boot from USB priority so USB was there the whole time, reboots went fine, got to the same point set my windows name then chose no password and reboot and same thing... Acer eRecovery Management.

SO I don't know what else to do? How can I get Windows 7 on this machine?

favosys, Jun 25, 2010
  2. favosys

Swarvey Moderator

Re: Acer eRecovery Management loop installing win 7 on AOD25

Did you disable D2D recovery in the BIOS?

Swarvey, Jun 26, 2010
  3. favosys

favosys

Re: Acer eRecovery Management loop installing win 7 on AOD25

Yes I did and I still got the same thing..

I didn't get an answer all day and I needed to fix this ASAP so I had no choice, I removed the recovery partition, moved C: to the beginning, created D: again and installed Win 7 replacing WinXP it finally worked.

favosys, Jun 26, 2010
Ask a Question