Acer eRecovery Management error 0xf0000006

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by power glove, Jan 4, 2010.

1. power glove

power glove

i was trying to do a factory restore to my Acer Aspire One and everything was fine except when was about 63% done it gave me this error:

Acer eRecovery Management
    Error
    Restore failed
    Reason:0xf0000006

i selected OK and restart and gave me this message :

NTLDR is missing
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

i think this is a serious problem... any ideas on how to fix this problem?

power glove, Jan 4, 2010
  2. power glove

power glove

anyone?

power glove, Jan 11, 2010
  3. power glove

AOD150BLACK

AOD150BLACK, Jan 11, 2010
  4. power glove

Swarvey Moderator

At 63% I doubt your eRecovery has done anything serious with regards to rebuilding the OS. To see it throwing up errors like that tells me there's either a fault in your RAM or in your hard drive itself. If you can, locate yourself a computer magazine cover CD that comes with a Linux bootable distro on it. All the one's I've had have had Memtestx86 on them. Boot this Linux Distro and use Memtestx86 to test your RAM to ensure it's not the fault. - If it is the RAM at fault, have it replaced under Warranty if you can, or just purchase a compatible model and throw it in.

If it is your hard drive that's corrupted, then I can see only 2 options for you:
    1. Attempt to reinstall Windows XP itself from either a DVD/USB/CD etc. As in do not attempt to use the eRecovery (since it's fubar'd)
    if this doesn't work, try the following:
    2. In the BIOS turn OFF the D2D recovery, then attempt to repartition your hard drive either with a Windows CD, or witha Bootable USB Drive with Partition Magic (or something similar) on it. I would suggest Partition Magic as I've been using it for years and if there's any physical errors on the disk, it WILL let you know.
    if your hard drive's Fubar'd completely, then either of the following options should help.
    1. Phone Acer and get Tech Slopport to guide you through a bunch of useless crap before finding out you need Warranty Repair
    2. Phone Acer Tech Slopport and TRY to tell them you want Warranty replacement
    3. The least painful option, but may void your warranty (if any) buy yourself a replacement HDD and install it.

Swarvey, Feb 3, 2010
Ask a Question