Acer Aspire V5-471G shuts down randomnly

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Eve, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Eve

Eve

I've had this laptop for a few years, but for the past few months it's been randomnly shutting down for no reason. I have noticed that it mostly shuts down when I try to move it or pick it up and if I switch it back on immediately after it shuts down then it takes a lot of time to boot up. However, it never shuts down when it is charging or connected to the charger. Also the laptop gets heated very quickly and no air comes out of the vent located right below the charging port anymore. Please recommend a solution.

Eve, Jun 20, 2015
  2. Eve

something back

I sounds like a classic overheating problem.

The vents, and fan will be blocked with fluff ,and dust.

You can purchase a can of compressed air then use it to unblock the problem.

Alternatively you could take it along top a main car garage, and get the mechanics
    the use an air line gun to unblock it.

The other reasons could be YOU HAVE A FAULTY JACK PLUG CONNECTION.

That's the part of your computer the power lead connects to.

something back, Jun 20, 2015
  3. Eve

Connie858

You may have 2 separate problems here.

1, you state that the machine
    this sounds like the hard drive connector could be lose. This YouTube video will show you how to remove the hard drive. You only need to go as far as taking the cable/ribbon off and putting it back on again. Do make sure you remove the battery!

The video pretty much also shows you how to access the fan as well, so have a peep at that and see how much dust is in it and you can check the vent by the charging port.

Can I make 1 suggestion from years of experience that is not mentioned in the video. Get yourself a piece of A4 paper and mark the location of the screws. Put a circle on the piece of paper as and when you remove a screw, where the location of the circle ties in to the location that the screw came out of. Only make the circle as you remove the screw, so no circle = no screw. It will make keeping track of them much easier when it comes to putting the laptop back together again. Cross the circle out when you have put the screw back in... I hope that makes some sense.

Connie858, Jun 21, 2015
Ask a Question