Acer Aspire One D150 - BOOT Failure and complete data loss

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by chaosmasterbg, Sep 20, 2009.

1. chaosmasterbg

chaosmasterbg

Hello,

really happy to be on this forum :mrgreen:

A while ago I had the most bizarre experience - I left my AA1 (XP) to download and when I came back to check on it, it has shut itself down. After the "Hmm" moment, I tried to turn it on, but it started to boot from the wi-fi. Funnier still, first boot device in BIOS was the HDD. Anyway, I left my netbook at the repair shop and when I came back, the idiot...sorry...the person there said, that all the data has been lost - he had installed a fresh XP on it. The HDD wasn't even partitioned! All my data from C:\ and D:\...all 160 Gb of it, were lost just like that...

I've tried several times to recover my data, but I did a stupid noobish mistake - I saved all the recovered data from D:\ on D:\ , causing irreversible damage. It was too late to do anything, when I understood I must not do stupid things like that.

I've ran a couple of programs to check the disk (including Seagate's software) and the HDD is in perfect health...good as new! And it's running normally at about 47 Degrees Celsius . And that bugs me - isn't it running too hot? I've experienced 57 Degrees! Right now, I'm letting another recovery software (lost all hope,really - just trying to see what's gonna happen) to do a scan and the temp is about 53 Degrees and rising.

The fan is working, but it's very quiet - I don't even feel it running. The back of the netbook is hot, the fan exit is also hot. The touchpad is getting hot and really uncomfortable. And that has been an issue since I've bought it. The idiots at the repair shop say this was normal (translation: "I don't really want to spend my time on fixing it, so **** off!").

It's not normal. I don't think it is. Is it? And could overheating cause data loss?

chaosmasterbg, Sep 20, 2009
  2. chaosmasterbg

chaosmasterbg

anyone? :mrgreen:

chaosmasterbg, Sep 26, 2009
Ask a Question