Acer Aspire One 722 No bootable device PLEAS HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ngocanh89, Feb 11, 2012.

1. ngocanh89

ngocanh89

I have purchased my acer in Pcworld since November last year. 2 weeks ago, when I was do some reading for my exam on the computer, it suddenly worked slowlier and then stopped working. When I restarted it, the computer tried a network boot (which I have never encountered) and in the end the boot sreen stated " No bootable device". I have checked the BIOS and it seems that the computer doesnt recognize its hard drive ( BIOS reports no HDD found), also when I press F12 there's only one boot option (which is network boot) available.

I have read several posts about this, which point out that the hard drive may be dead. I am really confused because I find that my hard drive is still spinning (or maybe its fan is still running) before the boot message appears (it just stops responding after that). Moreover, in a very rare occasion, the BIOS recognized the drive but the problem still occurred.

I am really desperate. I am an university student and the assignment is coming. Without the laptop, it's very inconvenient for me to study. If you know anything that can resolve this problem, please reply. Thanks a lot.

ngocanh89, Feb 11, 2012
  2. ngocanh89

something back

something back, Feb 13, 2012
  3. ngocanh89

pandian

Answer:Operating system CD to be copied to USB DRIVE (PEN DRIVE) and USB to be inserted to laptop and restart the laptop and Press F2 for setup.

pandian, Apr 12, 2015
Ask a Question