Acer Aspire One 532h Boot problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by shinujohn, Oct 26, 2011.

1. shinujohn

shinujohn

Hi friends,

My AO is 1.5 years old, a few weeks back it started showing some boot issues. When I power it on, the power LED comes ON but the screen shows nothing (not even backlight) and there is no hard disk activity.

This doesnt happen always and sometimes the machine works perfect!

I took it to the service centre many times. They flashed BIOS, cleaned RAM slot, did whatever they know. Every time when I get they system back they somehow managed to show me that the sytem works fine but it again failes to boot after a couple of days.

It boots sometimes, so a trial-and-error method is not possible and it is very hard to get it fixed.

Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks
    Shinu

shinujohn, Oct 26, 2011
  2. shinujohn

donec

Are you able to get into the bios when this happens? If not is there an LED indicator light for your model showing disk activity? If not can you try booting using an external monitor to see if it could be your monitor?

donec, Oct 26, 2011
  3. shinujohn

shinujohn

Thank you @donec for the reply.

No, not even the POST screen is displayed and I am not able to go to the BIOS screen. There is not Disk activity (LED) either - only the power LED is ON. Yea, I tried an external monitor but that didn't help.

Shinu

shinujohn, Oct 26, 2011
  4. shinujohn

donec

I would try booting from either an external live cd/dvd or a live usb stick. IMO Linux Mint 10 or Linux Mint 11 is the easiest to work with and worked perfectly out of the box on my AAO's.

donec, Oct 27, 2011
  5. shinujohn

shinujohn

Thank you @donec. I will try this out.

But I already tried disconnecting the hard drive to check if this is a hard-disk problem, and I was expecting a disk boot failure error. But still it shows a blank screen and the POST didn't happen.

shinujohn, Oct 27, 2011
Ask a Question