A carrying case

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cluckeyo, Jun 7, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

I invested in a case for my laptop a few years ago. I live about 100 yds. away from my parent's home and I walk between my house and theirs 3xday. The case protects my laptop from rainy conditons. It's padded, so if I were to trip and fall, my laptop would probably be just fine. It has extra compartments so I can carry my notes and a pocket for the charger and power cord. Small pockets too, for flash drives and so forth. It wasn't expensive, I got it at Walmart. It's a good case!

cluckeyo, Jun 7, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

rz3300

Well if there is one thing that I must have it is a good case. The main reason why I bought the laptop I did, and why I had to purchase one sooner than anticipated, was that I needed to have something light to travel with. That said, though, when I have something light I immediately start to worry about every little move and even setting it down. So I need a good case, and I like it equipped with all sorts of pockets and straps. The good news is is that there are options, and if not Walmart like you found, you can certainly go online. Thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Aug 22, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

Corzhens

My laptop came with its bag (I don't call it a case) that is okay for protection but I don't think it will protect my laptop from getting wet. And it's not shock proof either so I am careful not to drop that bag lest it ruins my laptop. In fairness to that bag, it has receptacles like pockets for some accessories particularly the wired mouse that I use instead of the track pad. And not to forget some personal things like money for emergency and candies as well.

Corzhens, Aug 22, 2016
  4. cluckeyo

IcyBC

I bought a couple of laptop bags at the local Thrift Stores, and they were both under $5 dollars. I gave my son the Eddie Bauer bag, as it was brand new and looked stronger for use since he traveled a lot. It was such a good buy at the Thrift Store!

IcyBC, Aug 22, 2016
  5. cluckeyo

acerme2

My laptop came with a free bag which I hardly use because it looks so bulky. I also don't like something that I have to carry over my shoulders. I prefer something I can hold in my hand when I had to walk short distances so I bought a laptop sleeve. It was quite cheap and I bought mine at $5.

acerme2, Sep 5, 2016
  6. cluckeyo

Elektron

It's a weird thing, all laptops should come along with a bag, however, seems like you got scammed or basically yours was an exception. Cases are definitely good for carrying your laptop especially for those moments when you have to move out your home, you could also use normal backpacks as laptop cases since they come out with a little bag for it. Good luck.

Elektron, Sep 8, 2016
  7. cluckeyo

rz3300

I tried to use a normal backpack for a while and this is not a good idea. The thing kept flopping around and before you know it there were little scratches in some places where I am pretty sure were not there before. You have to find something that really fits your device, which can be tough, but with enough effort you should be able to find something that fits.

rz3300, Sep 8, 2016
  8. cluckeyo

Elektron

It mostly depends on the size of the backpack itself, you have to pay attention to it and find one that would fit your laptop properly, that probably is what happened to yous.

Elektron, Sep 10, 2016
  9. cluckeyo

janemariesayed

I don't go walkabout with my laptop as I tend to use my desktop for everyday work. When I'm in another room my laptop comes in very handy to have on my lap while I'm watching television or chatting. If I was to take my laptop out with me for any reason, then I would want to purchase a carrier case and the one that you have sounds ideal.

janemariesayed, Sep 11, 2016
  10. cluckeyo

remnant

Most of the laptop cases I come across fit the laptop perfectly which does not make me enamoured about them. I like the more discrete branded laptop bags which do not give out the outline of the laptop. This is moreso for security reasons especially in tough urban neighbourhoods.

remnant, Sep 28, 2016
Ask a Question