2 beeps on boot and F1/F2 message (AO751h)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by bratislav, Nov 12, 2010.

1. bratislav

bratislav

Hi guys,
    I hear 2 short beeps when i start my 751h and get F1/F2 message. That started happening since i changed my BIOS chip,sine mine was dead.
    There is not any other changes in funcionality and all the settings in BIOS are saved so it seems to me that battery works fine.

I read on some forum that 2 short beeps means CMOS error. And i also get this message above F1/F2.It looks like this

Video BIOS shadowed
    System BIOS shadowed
    ERROR
    System Configuration Data write error

Press F1 to continue or Press F2 for setup.

Any ideas how can i get rid of this???

bratislav, Nov 12, 2010
  2. bratislav

Swarvey Moderator

I'm not too sure about this but I have some thoughts
    1. The BIOS chip itself might be faulty / not installed correctly and is somehow not writable. Have you tried entering the BIOS settings, changing a setting or two as a test and attempting to save them?
    2. IS the BIOS version up to date?
    3. I'm not familiar with your model, but on other netbooks I have seen that some have a "fast boot" setting which is somehow tied to caching something to the HDD (on my friends Eee Netbook we removed the partitions and installed Win XP using the whole drive, from that point on fast-boot would just throw up an error at POST)
    4. When the new chip was installed, was the jumper for resetting to CMOS defaults used? if so is it still shorted and attempting to clear the CMOS ?

Swarvey, Nov 12, 2010
  3. bratislav

bratislav

I had a problem with Black screen of death,and i had my bios chip removed and replaced,after that it started happening.

I had no problem changing and saving BIOS setings,everything else is working normaly. Didn't c any jumers on the mainboard when i was chaginng chip.

My curent version of BIOS is 3212 and old one on broken chip was 3211.so yes its up to date.

My bios dont have fast boot option,and i dont know how to restart cmos setting.

Funny thing is that all my seting are saved and still getting that messge.

If someone have any ideas please help me

bratislav, Nov 13, 2010
Ask a Question